Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fantasy Focus (Kurse Watch)

We’re back with another week of Kurse watch ’07, where Keith has taken on the role of Roy Williams declaring “Yeah, I’m 0-2, but I’m the BEST 0-2 team in the [fantasy] league.” Which is technically true. Somehow, he’s salvaged enough points to be able to make that claim, but don’t let that positive spin fool you, the Kurse of Keith has only just begun.

As always, adjust your rosters accordingly…

Start planning your retirement.
Drew Brees: I really don’t need to say much here, but one Saints fan did get in touch with me pleading for me to take action. He’s never met my brother and only knows me through fantasy leagues, but clearly understands what’s happening (screen name changed for privacy purposes)…
*SaintsFan* (9:53:00 PM): get brees off keith's roster
*SaintsFan* (9:53:07 PM): for the love of god


Quick, fake an injury!

Lee Evans: I know I gave him a pass after week 1, but 4 catches for 22 yards – no, that’s not last game, that’s for the season. Sure, he’s played the Broncos and Steelers, but the schedule doesn’t exactly turn into a cake walk the next few weeks (Patriots, Jets, Cowboys, Ravens). Evans might be wise to fake an injury before the Kurse teams up with an errant J.P. Losman pass to take him out for good.

1-2, he's comin' for you...

Shaun Alexander: Keith drafted him first overall last season and the Kurse wasted little time going to work. This year he took him a little later and it seemed he might be safe. That is, until last week when Alexander showed up at practice with an unexplained cast/brace on his wrist. Alexander had just 75 total yards (only 3.75 yards per touch) in the loss to the Cardinals, but he did find the endzone.

Safe...for now

Travis Henry: Is it possible for Henry, a runningback who’s struggled with injuries, consistency, and sharing carries most of his career to overcome not only Mike Shanahan’s RB history, but also Keith in the same season? His 5.4 yards per carry and 319 total yards in two games would suggest so. It seems too good to be true, I mean Henry was an obvious choice to be afflicted by the kurse before the season began. Well, he’s safe for now, but it’s a long season, and he has yet to score a touchdown…

I'm a Survivor!
Randy Moss – sigh. F the Patriots.


A couple guys you’ll probably bench that I like in Week 3 :

Bernard Berrian: I know, I know, as long as Rex Grossman is involved the Bears offensive players should probably be off limits, but I’ve seen Jacque Reeves and that Cowboy secondary and I’m ready to go against them every week for fantasy purposes until Terrence Newman proves he’s healthy.

DeShaun Foster: Look there’s no way DeAngelo Hall and everyone else on the Falcons isn’t going to be keying on Steve Smith this week. Will they stop him? I’m not sure that’s possible at this point, but the Panthers would be wise to get Foster involved, just in case. Adrian Peterson destroyed the Falcons without any semblance of a passing game to help, and even Fred Taylor averaged over 4 yards per carry for a Jags running game that looks downright awful. Foster is averaging 4.5 ypc this season and is getting a few more touches than DeAngelo Williams right now.

As an added bonus, neither of these players have any ties to Keith.

That’s all for tonight. It’s time to finish up some work for my actual paying job and hope sports and I can resolve our lover’s quarrel in time for the Mets to take care of business.

No comments: